Unfortunately, this is what we are. It's all about what people think of the individual, preferably if it's ourselves. We crave attention and we like being very affectionate towards each other, even if it's just out of pure vanity.
It's ironic, really. Here we are trying so hard to stand out in a crowd when what we're really doing is conforming to the rest of society. We make bad jokes like calling others stupid or being as loud as we can so everyone can hear us. We're so desperate for attention that we're willing to do anything for just short-lived praise.
I think this happens most often when we lose sight of God's love. We forget how precious we are to him, so we crave attention from other sources. Why do we even need to be loved? I would say that it's very self-seeking but at the same time, it's actually quite sad. How can such beautiful people that God loves so much feel the need to be adored and feel the need to prove themselves? When we forget that God loves us and other people, we don't see all the wonderful things that God has done for us and the ways he works through people. Anyways, this is all. I was just reflecting on the pathetically desperate lyrics that appear so often in songs.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks Joanne! for your thoughts and reflection... I totally agree with the reality that we are living in of the "Me" Generation; when the world is focused so much of the individual rather than the focus of Him who is greater it produced this generation. The scary thing of this is that "Me" becomes the idol that we fall face flat upon.
ReplyDeleteJohn 3:30 writes "He must become greater; and I must become less." What truth this is that until he becomes greater I will be the Lord and the King of my own throne, that I will be my own savior, that I will be my hope... but let it be so that He is our Lord and King, that He is our savior and that He is our hope...