Ha! So I learned how to blog from my own account. Anyways, here are some of the thoughts I was thinking while brushing my teeth 15min ago (yeah, it took me a while to figure out how to work this blog).
First of all, here's some music. I like good music, but sometimes some artists are under appreciated so I feel that I should share their musical genius. So here's a videosong that you can enjoy while reading the rest of my post from Pomplamoose (my current favourite duo).
The second thing I was thinking of while brushing my teeth was the prayer requests that we so often share. I encourage you all to pray for each other, not just at the time of the request prayer, but also to remember the person in your prayers. Here's a bible verse I thought was a really powerful encouragement.
3I thank God, whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. 4Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. 5I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. 6For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. - 2 Timothy 1:3-7
It's such a personal encouragement that Paul wrote to Timothy because it shows that Paul has been such a close mentor to Timothy for so long and witnessed himself how much growth Timothy has had in his faith. I hope that within the cell group or any accountable partners you guys have that you'll have this sense of fellowship - to just grow together and encourage one another.
One way you can do so is to follow up with prayer requests. Just because you prayed with someone once DOESN'T mean he/she is alright and everything is just la-dee-da afterwards! I hope you guys do follow up and ask the person about their prayer request or whatever they shared and actually genuinely care about what they have to say. And if you're afraid it'll be awkward, read verse 7. God will give power, love and self-discipline! So don't be afraid to ask the person about whatever they're going through!
That is all.
P.S: Yes, this is also on my own blog because I accidentally blogged on the wrong blog at first....
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment