Deuteronomy 26:16-19 writes:
The Lord your God commands you this day to follow these decrees and laws; carefully observe them with all your heart and with all your soul. You have declared this day that the Lord is your God and that you will walk in obedience to him, that you will keep his decrees, commands and laws - that you will liten to him. And the Lord has declared this day that you are his people, his treasured possession as he promised, and that you are to keep all his commands. He has declared that he will set you in praise, fame and honor high above all the nations he has mdae and that you will be a people holy to the Lord your God, as he promised.
The call to follow the Lord's command with all your heard and soul! What a reminder even for myself as I remember and look back at the declarations of the past and my commitment to God. I think this passage is really challenging me to think and consider the way that I am living out my life; what does it mean to be obedient to God; to follow His desires and His will. What does it mean to live a life that acknowledge that God is our Lord? Are there areas that I need to abandon because He is the only Lord of my life? Are there things that I need to no longer do or follow? Am I declaring that and living out that lifestyle TODAY? or am I waiting for another day?
You know one of the scariest thing about procrastination and the concept of tomorrow is that "tomorrow will never arrive!" When we push things to tomorrow, tomorrow will never come. Because when tomorrow becomes today, tomorrow will still be around!
Consider your life friends! And let it be one that reflects the call to be obedient to the commands of Him who is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment