Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Walk to remember

John 6:16-21
When evening came, his disciples went down to the sea, got into a boat, and started across the sea to Capernaum. It was now dark, and Jesus had not yet come to them. The sea became rough because a strong wind was blowing. When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and coming near the boat, and they were frightened. But he said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid." Then they were glad to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land to which they were going.

I was reading this passage I've realize that this is a common passage that we've often heard a whole lot about but never really meditate upon this passage much. As I am imagining this passage I wonder what the disciples must have felt when they saw Jesus walking on water. I wonder how fearful they must be seeing someone walking on water; strangely it reminds of scary movies? However it is pretty amazing that when Jesus arrives there was calmness and peace in the midst of the disciples. Isn't it just extremely how the people just felt so calm.
But the question that I kept thinking about is whether or not we would recognize Jesus? When we are in a boat (whether calm or crazy weathered) when Jesus comes, do you think we'll recognize Him? Will we find peace in seeing Him face to face?

No comments:

Post a Comment